Architects Showcase: 56three gains approval for Midhope Castle Distillery
Proposals by 56three Architects for Midhope Castle Distillery, on behalf of Golden Decanters, have received planning permission.
The new distillery will be located on the historic Hopetoun House Estate close to Midhope Castle, familiar to ‘Outlander’ fans as Lallybroch.
56three worked very closely with Rankin Fraser Landscape Architects to ensure that the new building will sit sensitively within the existing landscape setting. In time, the distillery will be producing whisky from crop grown on the Hopetoun House Estate and visitors will have the fantastic opportunity to follow the whisky process from grain to glass.
- Golden Decanters Ltd - Client
- rankinfraser landscape architecture llp - Landscape Architect
- Currie & Brown - Project manager
- Etive Consulting Engineers Limited - Structural / Civil Engineer
- McGregor Traffic Solutions Ltd
- Cundall - Mechanical Services
- AOC Archaeology Group - Archaeology
Sharing the news on LinkedIn, 56three director Gordon Beaton wrote: “Patience is required for whisky maturation and patience was needed for this planning application which faced many challenges due to the sensitive and historic location. However like the whisky which will be produced by the distillery I hope you agree that the distillery itself will be spectacular!”