Scottish Housing Regulator – Board member appointment (two posts)
Remuneration: £179.78 per day (non-pensionable) & reasonable expenses
Join the Scottish Housing Regulator Board to protect and promote the interests of tenants and others who use social housing services.
Scottish Ministers wish to appoint someone with at least one of the following priority skills:
- current or recent experience as a practicing Scottish solicitor representing vulnerable clients;
- understanding of regulation delivery in any sector;
- understanding of the green agenda in the built environment; or
- understanding of digital developments and cyber security.
You will be able to work within a team, have strong communication skills, be able to challenge constructively and also analyse and review complex issues. You do not need previous board level experience.
We want people from diverse backgrounds. Applications are particularly welcome from groups currently under-represented on Scotland’s public bodies, such as women, ethnic minorities and people aged under 50. They would also encourage applications from those with personal experience of having a disability arising from a physical or mental impairment. Previous board level experience is not essential.
Appointed on merit: committed to diversity and equality
Closing date 28 June 2021 at Midday
Attend a virtual information event on the 9th or 10th June 2021
Find out more about:
- the skills and experience we are seeking and how to apply on the Scottish Government - Public Appointments (appointed-for-scotland.org) website
- watch our short videos about the opportunities and tips for applicants
- book a place at our virtual information event: Wednesday 9th June at 12 noon or Thursday 10th June at 5:30 pm