Project Manager – Estates – University of Dundee
Project Manager – Estates
Salary - Grade 8 (£41,526 - £49,553)
The University of Dundee has established itself as a global leader for higher education and has been ranked as University of the Year for student experience in 2020 in the prestigious Times Good Universities Guide. Ranked in the top 1% (QS World Rankings), it is cited as one of Europe’s most innovative universities (Reuters 2017) and has just been awarded the highest standard of TEF Gold for teaching standards. Providing education for c17,000 students and employing over 3,000 staff the University has an annual turnover of over £250 million and its estate comprises 60 buildings covering over 200,000 square meters across 3 campuses.
We are recruiting for an exceptional individual to join us as a Project Manager within Estates and Campus Services to take a leading role in overseeing strategic, capital and estates infrastructure projects from inception to completion.
This is a key role within the Estates and Campus Services management team, with the Project Manager responsible for ensuring that the scope of the work is identified and completed on time and within budget.
Your priorities will include:
- To support the development of, and take the lead for delivery of, specific projects deriving from the Estate Strategy, and other approved capital projects in conjunction with senior management direction.
- Take responsibility for demonstrating value for money and improving the delivery of capital and refurbishment programmes. Monitor overall progress of projects and budgets and report any issues to senior management in a timely manner, and work with Heads of Department to provide forecasting information to the internal finance team led by the Deputy Director of Estates and Campus Services.
- Participate and contribute towards creating a climate in which safety has a high value, is regularly promoted, and where individuals are clear about their responsibilities and safety objectives within the Directorate.
- Represent the University in the role as a ‘client’ under the Construction (Design and Management) 2015 Regulations, to ensure that client obligations are being met, highlighting issues where required, and seeking mitigation and/or alternative guidance as needed.
- Give presentations, summaries and other relevant information at key points within the development process to University senior management, schools, departments, the Director of Estates & Campus Services, and the Head of Projects.
Who we’re looking for:
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification, with substantial demonstrable relevant experience of working as a Project Manager on or within a construction and/or estate management related environment.
- Demonstrable experience in a corporate health and safety compliance management role within a construction and/or estate management setting and, specifically, experience relevant to Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Demonstrable experience of successful financial and budget management for construction and management projects.
- Demonstrable experience in leading and managing teams, including the performance of individuals.
- A full understanding of construction procurement strategies, contracts and contract administration.
We are one of the UK’s leading universities – internationally recognised for our expertise across a range of disciplines and research breakthroughs in multiple areas, including science, medicine and engineering, amongst many others. Conveniently located on the banks of River Tay, our main city-centre campus is at the heart of Dundee - an up-and-coming, friendly, compact and affordable city with a rich heritage in design and technology. We also have campuses at Ninewells Hospital and in Kirkcaldy which are easily accessible via local transport links.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee a UK university of choice for undergraduate, postgraduate and distance learning. Family friendly policies, staff networks for BME, Disabled and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN, the ECU Race Equality Charter and Stonewall as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.
Closing Date: 29/02/2020